5.21.2011

San Bernardino County Fair

We decided at the last minute to go to the Fair this year.  The weather has been cold and windy, and it just is not pleasant to be outdoors.  We went later in the day, when really interesting characters go.  I just have nothing to say about that.  And there is something unsettling about spending a lot of money on, well, everything.  I just do not get any joy out of it.

The only thing I can say that was worth it was the little Farmer exhibit where the kids take a basket and pick an apple from a tree, dig for a potato in the dirt, and take an egg from the hen. Then they take the full basket and deliver each item to its respective baskets.  Then they get a ribbon.  That was perfect for the little ones.  

Other than that, the girls bought Pillow Pets with their own money, and Gil and I bought Vin and Eva the smaller version of Pillow Pets.  Now everyone was happy, and then we left the Fair to get something to eat somewhere else!  Besides, if I have to witness one more year of a life size cardboard Obama in a tights, Speedos, and a Superman cape at the Democrat`s booth at the Fair, I think I am going to puke.
 These are the only pictures we took in front of a dragon made of metal courtesy of Doctor Frankenstein`s Metal Sculpting.  It was awesome.
 I was trying to get the kids to pretend like they were running in fear from it; but it looked more like fun than fear.
Sophia has the idea.
P.S. This year we did not enter any artwork.

No comments: