8.12.2013

A Homeschool Pioneer Story, Part XI

The next school year, Jeanne takes her children on an adventure through California history.  Here is an excerpt from her post: 

"The things we let the kids do during this school year remind me of a conversation Captain Von Trapp has with his governess in The Sound of Music:
Captain: Do you mean to tell me that my children have been roaming about Salzburg dressed up in nothing but some old drapes?!Maria: (affirming) Umm, hmm, and having a marvelous time.Captain: They have uniforms.Maria: Straitjackets, if you'll forgive me...Children cannot do all the things they're supposed to do if they have to worry about spoiling their precious clothes.
My sentiments exactly!  This year the kids ran around like wild Indians and had a marvelous time." 

No comments: