8.13.2013

End of This Blog; Beginning a New Focus

Summer is almost at its end, and a new school year will begin.
Earlier this year, I wanted to make a solemn effort to change my focus of homeschooling to our Savior
and figured it was probably best to change our school name, too, 
which was The Walden Academy - 
named after Henry David Thoreau's book about independence and self-reliance. 

Now we call our school A Mighty Fortress Academy. 


With that change in place, I also decided that I would homeschool on my own again 
since I wanted to go in a different direction.  
We have been doing Epic Adventures with a large group of homeschool families 
for the last three years.  
This was a very difficult decision because our most memorable school years were with these families, and I realize that I am probably not going to be able to duplicate the magnificent environment 
we experienced when we were with the group.


Having made those changes, I finally decided to end this blog officially.  
I will continue A Homeschool Pioneer Story
sharing posts from a fellow homeschool mom 
and her journey through the early years of homeschooling.

But if you want to keep up with our new homeschool adventures, 
you can visit us at our new blog:


Enjoy the rest of your summer!

No comments: